Every Year 14th December is observed as National Energy Conservation Day, since the year 1991. The day is celebrated to raise awareness on the importance of conserving energy in our day to day life. Here are our 5 suggested steps that need to be taken to ensure that the coming generations live in a brighter tomorrow.
- Buy energy-efficient appliances- while buying appliances check for the number of stars on it. More Stars mean more energy-saving while using less energy the same task could be performed by energy-efficient appliances.
- Use LEDs- switch to the habit of using LEDs at home which would save the environment as well as your money. Also, it emits more light as compared to CFL.
- Turn it off- Develop the habit of turning off appliances when you are not using it. A very simple habit to adopt yet saving money as well.
- Air-dry Clothes- The clothes smell fresh when dried out in fresh air. So instead of drying clothes in the washing machine, make it a habit to air-dry clothes on an old-fashioned clothesline or even hang them inside the house.
- Defrost your fridge regularly- The more ice builds up, the harder they have to work and the more energy they use.